Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Age Old Battle With Body Image

If we were to be really honest with ourselves we can all admit to having body image issues at one point in our lives! And in all honesty why the hell wouldn't we when we are faced with gorgeous celebrities who have beautiful, healthy, toned, fit and womanly bodies and they are given labels such as "curvy" or "bootylicous" or "fat"!


I don't know about you but I would NOT complain about looking as hot as some of these women do!




So really it's no wonder that we have a hard time accepting our faults and our figures, especially when there are websites and magazines out there dedicated to exposing the faults and flaws of some of the worlds most beautiful women.  See: The Skinny Website

So how do we come to accept our bodies for what they are and not for what society thinks they should be?

I would like to think that it's as easy as ABC but we all know that only works in the Sound of Music!

For me, I've come to accept the fact that if I can exercise daily, eat right and treat my body the way nature intended then I will become the best I can be.  That might not be perfect and that might not be what society feels we, as women with hips and butts and boobs and cellulite ... YES I said the "C" word ... should look like BUT it will be what I am meant to look like! 


2 comments:

  1. hey kimberley love ur page & i hate it when people say i wish i had a a body like a model, famous person etc but ill tell you now my perfect body shape will be when i get to my goal weight this is what i believe is the perfect body size when i am happy & healthy with myself & not by what other people say or think & i will do this by eating healthy & going to curves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Alison! It's definalty not an easy task not just losing weight but getting comfortable with yourself. But with the right frame of mind, dedication and a lot of support it can be done! And I will help you do it :)

    ReplyDelete