Yes that's right, I gave up my one simple pleasure in life all for the sake of looking good on my wedding day!
Now just so we are clear, I did not just give up blocks of chocolate or chocolate bars BUT I also gave up ANY chocolate related product! Chocolate Pudding, Chocolate Bavarian, Chocolate Cheesecake, Chocolate Coated Honeycomb, Fruchocs, Malteasers, Chocolate Ice Cream ... the list is endless!
Now those of you who share my addiction know how hard it is to give up chocolate for a day let alone 73! It has not been easy but I have not swayed from my goal and still to this day I have not touched chocolate since I made this decision to quit my very delicious habit!
What Triggered Me To Go Cold Turkey?
It was the Monday after my sisters Baby Shower with 152 days to go until my November 13th Wedding. I had been trying, unsuccessfully, to lose weight in preparation for my big day and my Fiji Honeymoon ... jealous anyone ;) ... when I jumped on my Wii Fit only to discover that I weighed my heaviest weight yet! At 78.2kg, 172lbs, I was the biggest I had been for more than 5years and I was not impressed with myself! I had 4 Months to lose 13.2kg, 29lbs, and I could see only one solution ... ban Chocolate for good!
(Me - at what would be very close to my heaviest weight)
And so I did ....

No comments:
Post a Comment