Well this week I have kicked some butt workout wise! I've been struggling to get into a routine where I can workout 7 days a week and have found that I usually only do 5 days. But this week was my first week that I kicked butt on the treadmill every single day! It does mean that I have to get up at 4:30am on Thursday and Friday but the results that I've been getting are making it worthwhile! Plus I'm now jogging, with only a few 30sec breaks, for 25 out of my 30mins, which is a huge improvement from the days where I was struggling to run for 1min! So I'm rather impressed with myself!
Plus on top of that I've been doing 15mins of strength training, yesterday I did my butt and legs and BOY ... today my glutes are feeling it! Today I did arms, shoulders and chest and tomorrow I'll do some abs. I prefer doing it this way, I find that it's more appropriate for the amount of calories that I'm getting with the BodyTrim program and I'm getting some really good results.
One thing I'm being very strict on is cutting out the crap from my diet. You cant expect to lose weight while eating lollies, pastries, take away and of course CHOCOLATE! Even on Saturday I had my free day and we went out for lunch, I got a steak with sweet potato mash, wilted spinach and a red wine glaze ... it was so delicious that it felt like a treat even though I was well within the BodyTrim system! The only treat that I had for my free day was popcorn that night when we went to the movies, even though Michael tempted my by getting a Choc Top but I wasn't swayed!
Healthy food doesn't have to be boring and treats don't have to be bad for you. It's about finding a balance and as you make these changes your taste buds will adapt, you will grow to enjoy the healthy foods more and your cravings for the bad foods will diminish. I found myself on Saturday not wanting or needing to have a free day, I was perfectly happy just continuing on like I had all week. There wasn't anything I was craving and because I had such good results that week I didn't want to sabotage myself for the sake of my taste buds.
This Friday I weigh in day for me, so keep an eye on my progress report, I might even post some "during" photos to see if there really is an improvement and it's not just my imagination :)
No comments:
Post a Comment